Gun Foam Usage Guidelines
ALWAYS review and follow the directions provided in your foam kit. The below instructions are a general overview. ENSURE you follow all safety precautions including wearing protective eyewear and gloves.
- Apply petroleum jelly to gun basket before attaching can.
- Point gun in a safe direction (into a trash can), depress trigger and screw can onto gun basket. Do not over-tighten.
- After attaching gun to can, shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Press trigger to dispense foam with can upside down. Test bead size on scrap material.
- Fill cracks and gaps as needed, allowing space for foam expansion.
- Foam can be trimmed, painted, sanded or plastered after curing completely.
- Point gun in safe direction, depress trigger and quickly remove empty can.
- Spray gun basket with Polyurethane gun cleaner and immediately attach a new can to prevent foam from hardening in the gun, following the directions above.
- Turn off gun flow control knob at back of gun.
- Store can upright with gun attached.
- To restart, shake well for 30 seconds, open flow control knob and dispense foam. Maximum storage: 15 days.